TEDxJacksonville 2018 comes to The Florida Theatre for Exchange: Conversations for the Curious.
Join 12 live speakers, along with live music performances, dance, and more for the TEDxJacksonville conference. Your event ticket also includes a light breakfast, lunch either catered or at one of Jacksonville’s best downtown restaurants and the “Afterglow” party on Forsyth Street with beer, wine and heavy hors d’oeuvres.
See this year’s lineup of speakers:
• Anne Driscoll, Dublin, Ireland — “Bearing Witness”
• Benjamin Evans III, Los Angeles — “See the Man, Not the Stigma”
• Iris Grant-Simmons, Jacksonville — “Radical Philanthropy”
• Jeffreen Hayes, Chicago — “Lifting Every Voice.”
• Kristin Keen, Jacksonville — “Trafficking in Lives”
• Mx. Anunnaki Ray Marquez, Orange Park — “Reclaiming One’s Body”
• Ash Perrin, London — “The Power of Play”
• Philip Robbie, Jacksonville — “Examining the Unbuilt”
• Claudia Wilner, New York City — “Driving While Poor”
• Joy Wolfram, Jacksonville — “A Revolution at the Nanoscale”
• Mark Woods, Jacksonville — “Preserving America’s Best Idea”
• Brian Wu, Scarsdale, New York — “Searching for Humanity’s Second Home”
And three live performances:
• Bold City Contemporary Ensemble
• Douglas Anderson School of the Arts’ Dancers
• John Lumpkin & The Covenant
Exchange is the antidote to isolation and to ignorance.
Exchange — whether of materials between organisms, or ideas between people—is key to the processes we recognize as essential to life.
Some exchanges are visible, predictable, calibrated in known currencies at agreed rates. Others are veiled but potent, with the capacity to create and to devastate in equal measure.
At TEDxJacksonville 2018, we will harness the power of exchange. You’ll be challenged to shift your perspective and abandon your assumptions.
Together, we’ll exchange the seen for the unseen, the built for the unbuilt, and the status quo for lives that are full of challenge, meaning, and impact.