- This event has passed.
The Citrus Cel Animation Film Festival
10:00 am: “Lil’ Squirts (children’s workshop)”
12:00 pm: “Vitamin C (A healthy dose of family-friendly animation)” ($6.50) theatre 01:00:00
1:00 pm: “Toon Boom Storyboard Master Workshop with Mark Simon” ($15.00) theatre, Barnett room
2:00 pm: “Freshly Squeezed Vol. 2 (student shorts)” ($8.00) theatre 01:22:00
3:00 pm: “Ty Primosch, Lecture (Camera and Staging process)” ($10.00) theatre, Barnett room
4:00 pm: “Orange You Glad There’s Musical Numbers (musically inspired animations)” ($8.00) theatre 01:16:00
6:00 pm: “LIAKA Presentation” ($15.00) theatre 01:30:00
8:00 pm: “Pure Premium (The best in the bushel)” ($8.00) theatre 01:25:00
All access adult/student only $88.50, 66.50
Film only $58.50
Lecture only $53.50
Single tickets range from $10-18.50
The Citrus Cel Animation Film Festival (Citrus Cel) celebrates animation as a cultural and commercial medium with three days of screenings, parties and panels in Jacksonville, Florida. Citrus Cel will act as a hub for students and professionals from the fields of animation, design, illustration, and film, as well as add to the growing cultural landscape of festivals and events in northeast Florida. Why an animation film festival?
- Showcases animation’s amazing diversity as a creative vehicle, from features to advertising to music videos to title sequences.
- Provides an annual forum for Northeast Florida design professionals, filmmakers and students who use animation in their work.
- Allows local and regional design-related businesses and colleges to recruit and network.
- Builds Jacksonville’s identity as a regional cultural tourism destination, exposing audiences to a different kind of film festival.
- Offers unique sponsorship opportunities for area and regional businesses and corporations.
Dripsblack and The Florida Theatre will be presenting the event April 4–6, 2013 with all films, art exhibit, and speaker programming to be held at the The Florida Theatre. The Florida Theatre is located in downtown Jacksonville.
The following categories will provide audiences with a broad array of animated projects to enjoy:
- Three features (one each night)
- Student short films (software prize to winner)
- Movie and TV title sequences Broadcast Advertisements
- Animated music videos
- Visual effects
- Classic animation
- Experimental and mixed media
- 2D animation
- 3D animation
- Stop motion
- Gaming animation
- Shorts for kids