Since 1927, The Florida Theatre has offered North Florida an arts and entertainment home to diverse performances and events. The renovation and restoration that occurred in the early 1980s converted a historic movie palace into a unique performing arts space designed to inspire creativity and imagination.
Each year, 140,000 people attend events and performances at the Florida Theatre. Audiences come to this cultural gem to watch their children blossom into dancers, support a beloved non-profit, or enjoy their favorite live performer or classic movie. The organization offers a place to create memories, connect to art, to the community and to each other.
As a nonprofit organization, The Florida Theatre succeeds through the generous contributions of its members, the Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville and other donors and supporters. Memberships, sponsorships and philanthropic gifts help fund the Theatre’s artistic programs, restoration and maintenance of this historic landmark, and ongoing work with the nonprofit community that use the Florida Theatre as its venue of choice.
The Friends of the Florida Theatre is a critical source of support for our institution. Your gift will be used to assist our mission including funding our commitment to provide an affordable and accessible venue for use by a diverse constituency.
Click below if you wish to make a contribution under $150. For the benefits of the Friends of the Florida Theatre program, please see details below.
Ensemble ($150- $499 annually)
- Friends of the Florida Theatre membership card
- Advance notice of concerts and events
- Opportunity to purchase tickets in preferred seating areas before they are available to the general public.
- Invitations to special Friends events
- Ticket discounts for selected performances
Cameo Role ($500-$999 annually)
Includes all Ensemble benefits, plus
- Priority advance ticketing before Ensemble members (deadlines apply)
- Complimentary beverage for you and a guest at the Theatre’s refreshment bars (two beverage coupons provided with each ticket order)
- Two complimentary season passes to the Theatre’s Summer Movie Classics series
The Marquee Society
The prestigious Marquee Society is the elite group of Florida Theatre supporters whose generous leadership contributions to the Annual Fund enable us to maintain the highest quality in programming, to preserve the theatre for future generations and to enrich the cultural life of our entire community.
Marquee Society members are entitled to all the special benefits reserved for the Friends of the Florida Theatre and, in addition, receive the following:
Featured Role ($1,000-$4,999 annually)
Includes all Friends of the Florida Theatre membership benefits plus:
- Marquee Society membership card
- Priority advance ticketing before regular Friends members and guaranteed seating (up to 4) within the first 15 rows at all Florida Theatre sponsored events
- Invitation to exclusive annual Marquee Society donor recognition event
- Complimentary beverages for you and three guests at the Theatre’s refreshment bars (4 beverage coupons provided with each ticket order)
- Private backstage tour (by appointment)
Starring Role ($5,000- $9,999 annually)
Includes all Featured Role privileges plus:
- Your name in lights- a message of your choice on the Theatre marquee for a day
- Access to house seats for your last minute ticket needs
- Complimentary beverages for you and your guests at the Theatre’s refreshment bars (8 beverage coupons provided with each ticket order)
- Guaranteed premium seating (up to 6) within the first 10 rows for all Theatre sponsored event
Directors Circle ($10,000 and above annually)
Includes all Starring Role privileges plus:
- Guaranteed premium reserved seats ( up to 8 ) within the first five rows for all Theatre sponsored events
- Use of the historic Florida Theatre for a day for your exclusive party or special event (subject to availability; labor charges may apply)