Friends of the Florida Theatre
Friends of the Florida Theatre is a critical source of support for our nonprofit. Ticket sales and other revenue comprise 70% of our operating budget; the remainder is raised through generous contributions from people like you. If you love downtown, the arts, cultural entertainment, historic preservation, or the Florida Theatre, consider purchasing a membership.
Help us maintain the same high standards you’ve come to know from the Florida Theatre, downtown Jacksonville’s cultural icon since 1927, your community’s nonprofit since 1987.
Opening Act($25-$149 annually)
- Your name in Ovation, the Florida Theatre's program book.
- Inclusion in the FLorida Theatre eClub program and opportunity to buy tickets 24 hours prior to the general public for most shows.
Ensemble($150- $499 annually)
All Opening Act benefits plus:
- Friends of the Florida Theatre membership card.
- Access to the exclusive Donor Lounge during most performances.
- Opportunity to buy two tickets for preferred seats four days before the public for most shows (deadlines apply).
Cameo Role($500-$999 annually)
All Ensemble benefits plus:
- Priority advance ticketing before Ensemble members.
- Two complimentary beverage coupons redeemable at the Theatre's refreshment bars with each ticket order.
- Two complimentary season passes to the Regions Bank Summer Movie Classics series.
- Opportunity to buy four tickets for preferred seats four days before the public for most shows (deadlines apply).
THE MARQUEE SOCIETY
The prestigious Marquee Society is the elite group of Florida Theatre supporters whose generous leadership contributions to the Annual Fund enable us to maintain the highest quality in programming, to preserve the theatre for future generations, and to enrich the cultural life of our entire community.
Featured Role($1,000-$4,999 annually)
All Cameo benefits plus:
- Marquee Society membership card.
- Invitation to exclusive annual Marquee Society donor recognition event.
- Four complimentary beverage coupons redeemable at the Theatre's refreshment bars with each ticket order.
- Private backstage tour by appointment.
- Priority advanced ticketing for six and guaranteed seats in the first 15 rows at all Florida Theatre sponsored events.
Starring Role($5,000- $9,999 annually)
All Featured Role benefits plus:
- Your name in lights! A message of your choice on the Theatre marquee for a day.
- Six complimentary beverage coupons redeemable at the Theatre’s refreshment bars with each ticket order.
- Guaranteed advanced premium seating for eight within the first 10 rows for all Theatre sponsored events.
Directors Circle($10,000 and above annually)
All Starring Role benefits plus:
- Use of the historic Florida Theatre for a day for your party or event (subject to availability; labor charges may apply).
- Eight complimentary beverage coupons redeemable at the Theatre’s refreshment bars with each ticket order.
- Guaranteed advanced premium reserved seats for ten within the first five rows for all Theatre sponsored events.
BRICKS AND BRONZE STARS
The Florida Theatre is one of Jacksonville’s greatest historical, architectural and cultural treasures. The organization has provided service to our community for more than eight decades and created special memories and enriching experiences for generations of residents and visitors.
Honor your friends and family with a brick in front of the Florida Theatre and join us in our efforts to maintain and enhance the Theatre’s elegant ambiance, support educational outreach, and nurture the artists and fine arts enthusiasts in our community by investing in a brick or star. Your support will empower us to advance our mission in perpetuity. Bronze stars may be paid in equal installments over five years.
Single Brick Pavers(4"x8")
- Maximum 20 characters per line, including spaces
- $150 one line of text
- $175 two lines of text
- $200 three lines of text
Double Brick Pavers(8"x8")
- Maximum 20 characters per line, including spaces
- $500 up to three lines of text
- $750 up to three lines of text PLUS logo!
Mini Brick Souvenir Replica
- $50 Mini Single Brick (1"x3")
- $75 Mini Double Brick (3"x3")
32” Bronze star $250,000
26” Bronze Star $100,000
20” Bronze Star $50,000
16” Bronze Star $25,000
12” Bronze Star $10,000
For more information or to purchase a Brick or Star, contact Lorin Theis at 904.355.5661.
Corporate PartnershipsSlider not found
To begin a corporate partnership with the Florida Theatre, contact Numa Saisselin at 904.355.5661.
The Florida Theatre’s Annual Campaign comprises the bulk of our individual, corporate, and foundation donations each year. Through giving to the campaign donors receive Friends of the Florida Theatre membership benefits.
Since January of 1988, 656,381 children and youth have attended 324 Theatreworks performances at the Florida Theatre. Theatreworks presents stage adaptations of children’s literature like Harriet Tubman and Charlotte’s Web for bused-in school audiences. Children are the future audiences for the arts on the First Coast and it is our goal to educate and inspire them. Theatreworks chooses productions that are culturally relevant and artistically appealing to the young population it serves and offers its programs at affordable prices. It recognizes that the accessibility and availability of performing arts for children should be an important part of the cultural fabric of their lives.
GALA AND SPECIAL EVENTS
The Florida Theatre hosted its first gala fundraiser, Rock the Bridge, in 2013 and raised $151,000 to benefit the operation, restoration, and preservation of the Theatre. In 2014 the Rock the Rooftop gala complimented and built on our previous hard work and earned a gross income of $164,000. Each year the Theatre also plans a large community event with attendance above 500 and a smaller membership event, which includes an elegant dinner on the Theatre’s stage and live music.
Show sponsorships and benefits are crafted individually. Sponsors and partners may choose to support one show or a series of shows. Benefits can include a group of tickets for each sponsored show, special advertising recognition, sponsor recognition in the Theatre, and recognition on marketing materials.
Friends of the Florida Theatre members enjoy a private bar and bathrooms on the third floor of the Theatre. This space opened New Year’s Eve of 2013 to a crowd of donors and friends who were attending the Gregg Allman and JJ Mofro concert. Friends Lounge sponsors receive eMarketing recognition, which is electronic correspondence received by 80,000+ individual email addresses on our personal list. They also receive special branded logo placement on signage throughout the Theatre and at our exclusive private entrance on Newnan Street.
ADVERTISING IN OVATION
Ovation is the Theatre’s quarterly publication given to all patrons who see a show at the Theatre. Ovation includes editorial content about the Theatre’s facilities, history, board, staff, donors, and advertising from National and Northeast Florida businesses who want to reach our patrons at a time when they’re looking for things to do and buy.
To advertise in Ovation, contact April Major at email@example.com or 904-330-4901.