Friends of the Florida Theatre
Friends of the Florida Theatre is a critical source of support for our nonprofit. Ticket sales and other revenue comprise 70% of our operating budget; the remainder is raised through generous contributions from people like you. If you love downtown, the arts, cultural entertainment, historic preservation, or the Florida Theatre, consider purchasing a membership.
Help us maintain the same high standards you’ve come to know from the Florida Theatre, downtown Jacksonville’s cultural icon since 1927, your community’s nonprofit since 1987.
Opening Act(Annual Contribution of $25-$149)
- Your name in the Florida Theatre’s program, Ovation.
- Inclusion in the eClub and opportunity to buy tickets 24 hours prior to the general public.
Ensemble(Annual Contribution of $150- $499)
Includes all Opening Act benefits, plus:
- Access to the private Donor Lounge during most performances.
- Priority ticketing for two in preferred seating area four days before the public for most shows (deadlines apply).
Cameo Role(Annual Contribution of $500-$999)
Includes all Ensemble benefits, plus:
- Two complimentary beverage coupons for first ticket order per show.
- Two complimentary season passes to the Theatre’s Summer Movie Classics series.
- Priority ticketing before Ensemble members and opportunity to buy four tickets for preferred seats four days before the public for most shows (deadlines apply).
THE MARQUEE SOCIETY
The prestigious Marquee Society is the elite group of Florida Theatre supporters whose generous leadership contributions to the Annual Fund enable us to maintain the highest quality in programming, to preserve the theatre for future generations, and to enrich the cultural life of our entire community.
Featured Role(Annual Contribution of $1,000-$4,999)
Includes all Cameo benefits plus:
- Invitation to annual Marquee Society donor recognition event.
- Four complimentary beverage coupons for your first ticket order per show.
- Private backstage tour by appointment.
- Priority ticketing before Cameo members and opportunity to buy six tickets for preferred seats four days before the public for most shows.
Starring Role(Annual Contribution of $5,000- $9,999)
Includes all Featured Role benefits plus:
- Your name in lights! A message of your choice on the Theatre marquee for a day.
- Six complimentary beverage coupons for your first ticket order per show.
- Priority ticketing before Featured members and opportunity to buy eight tickets for preferred seats four days before the public for most shows.
Directors Circle(Annual Contribution of $10,000 and above)
Includes all Starring Role benefits plus:
- Use of the historic Florida Theatre for a day for your party or event (subject to availability; labor charges may apply).
- Eight complimentary beverage coupons for your first ticket order per show.
- Priority ticketing before Starring members and opportunity to buy ten tickets for preferred seats four days before the public for most shows.
BRICKS AND BRONZE STARS
The Florida Theatre is one of Jacksonville’s greatest historical, architectural and cultural treasures. The organization has provided service to our community for more than eight decades and created special memories and enriching experiences for generations of residents and visitors.
Honor your friends and family with a brick in front of the Florida Theatre and join us in our efforts to maintain and enhance the Theatre’s elegant ambiance, support educational outreach, and nurture the artists and fine arts enthusiasts in our community by investing in a brick or star. Your support will empower us to advance our mission in perpetuity. Bronze stars may be paid in equal installments over five years.
Single Brick Pavers(4"x8")
- Maximum 20 characters per line, including spaces
- $150 one line of text
- $175 two lines of text
- $200 three lines of text
Double Brick Pavers(8"x8")
- Maximum 20 characters per line, including spaces
- $500 up to three lines of text
- $750 up to three lines of text PLUS logo!
Mini Brick Souvenir Replica
- $50 Mini Single Brick (1"x3")
- $75 Mini Double Brick (3"x3")
32” Bronze star $250,000
26” Bronze Star $100,000
20” Bronze Star $50,000
16” Bronze Star $25,000
12” Bronze Star $10,000
For more information or to purchase a Brick or Star, contact Lorin Theis at 904.355.5661.
Corporate PartnershipsSlider not found
To begin a corporate partnership with the Florida Theatre, contact Numa Saisselin at 904.355.5661.
The Florida Theatre’s Annual Campaign comprises the bulk of our individual, corporate, and foundation donations each year. Through giving to the campaign donors receive Friends of the Florida Theatre membership benefits.
Since January of 1988, 656,381 children and youth have attended 324 Theatreworks performances at the Florida Theatre. Theatreworks presents stage adaptations of children’s literature like Harriet Tubman and Charlotte’s Web for bused-in school audiences. Children are the future audiences for the arts on the First Coast and it is our goal to educate and inspire them. Theatreworks chooses productions that are culturally relevant and artistically appealing to the young population it serves and offers its programs at affordable prices. It recognizes that the accessibility and availability of performing arts for children should be an important part of the cultural fabric of their lives.
GALA AND SPECIAL EVENTS
The Florida Theatre hosted its first gala fundraiser, Rock the Bridge, in 2013 and raised $151,000 to benefit the operation, restoration, and preservation of the Theatre. In 2014 the Rock the Rooftop gala complimented and built on our previous hard work and earned a gross income of $164,000. Each year the Theatre also plans a large community event with attendance above 500 and a smaller membership event, which includes an elegant dinner on the Theatre’s stage and live music.
Show sponsorships and benefits are crafted individually. Sponsors and partners may choose to support one show or a series of shows. Benefits can include a group of tickets for each sponsored show, special advertising recognition, sponsor recognition in the Theatre, and recognition on marketing materials.
Friends of the Florida Theatre members enjoy a private bar and bathrooms on the third floor of the Theatre. This space opened New Year’s Eve of 2013 to a crowd of donors and friends who were attending the Gregg Allman and JJ Mofro concert. Friends Lounge sponsors receive eMarketing recognition, which is electronic correspondence received by 80,000+ individual email addresses on our personal list. They also receive special branded logo placement on signage throughout the Theatre and at our exclusive private entrance on Newnan Street.
ADVERTISING IN OVATION
Ovation is the Theatre’s quarterly publication given to all patrons who see a show at the Theatre. Ovation includes editorial content about the Theatre’s facilities, history, board, staff, donors, and advertising from National and Northeast Florida businesses who want to reach our patrons at a time when they’re looking for things to do and buy.
To advertise in Ovation, contact April Major at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-330-4901.